- Local chapters, Sorors, Amicae or individuals, with approval of the Board of Managers, may set up a separate Scholarships endowment fund through the National Educational Foundation (NEF) with a minimum of $40,000.
- If the investment is less than $40,000, all funds for the endowment will be deposited in the Foundation’s Endowment Account.
- The local chapter, Soror, Amicae or individual may continue to contribute to the scholarship endowment account, and once the contribution reaches $40,000, the local chapter, soror, or individual may request that a separate endowment account be established.
- Only the interest on the separate endowment account will be available for the local chapter, soror, or individual to designate a scholarship award, after the account reaches $40,000.
- The local chapter, Soror, Amicae or individual shall mail the completed Endowment Scholarship Award Request to the Treasurer of the Foundation, when requesting the award of a scholarship.
- The requesting entity must assure that the awardees meet Foundation requirements.
- Local chapters, Sorors, Amicae, or individuals must allow a minimum of six weeks for processing the request.